Thursday, November 4, 2010

How Does Unavailable Call Happen



Monday afternoon, the sky baskets emptied of water continuously. My city was under water for much. I did not know until two text messages at lunchtime I asked what it was like. Actually, I did not know that my city was in the national news, something that has not happened even when Italy won the Cup! So I turn on the TV and put on the national Tigga and see what was happening: banks destroyed by the force of water, rivers rise up against their banks have poured through the streets of towns and villages on the outskirts of bullying entering the homes of others since the early hours of the day.
The view from my town looked like a sea with islands sticking out at random. Awesome. I'd seen on television, but other times when it comes to their city the effect is different and my stomach tightens.
Around 3:30 in the afternoon I could not feel more at home and despite the rain and just returned from a lunch by the mother of Anna that I was filled as a pepper, I decided: mesh technique, an old tracksuit pants workout I slipped my shoes and ran outside. Or rather, I went out to run. As often happens when I go biking, I had no goal. I wanted to go downtown to realize what it was like no matter the distance. I went out and started running. I got to where I could, to where the civil defense and have given me the water. I could not see those streets the day before I rode a scooter. Not because I got there, indeed, but because they were covered with brown water, from about five feet of muddy water.
At one point I found myself gasping out of the race but rather by a sense of wonder and surrender I felt helpless before this unexpected lake that covered roads and bridges.
I was stunned to fix a boat to pass along a street ... where it usually passes the bus ... apocalyptic scenes. There were many onlookers who take pictures commented in disbelief and amazement.
Two days of rain led to intense continuous uninterrupted surface human imperfection and the relentlessness of nature.
I kept running from one form of agitation took almost wanted to run away from what I was seeing. At one point I found myself running in the middle of the road: Monday was a holiday but there were very few cars around, most of them locked away from the city center, others, unfortunately, take a walk by the force of the water. Running across the road in an apocalyptic situation, with orange and yellow leaves fluttered around me to shake the air by a hot wind. Seemed to have just exploded a nuclear plant. In the street walking on the tracks before the train was running in the middle of the road listening to the beat of shoes on the asphalt and my heart under the shirt that echoed in my ears.
At that point I decided to go to the station since the morning after at 7 I had to take a train to Milan and the situation was critical. At the entrance I found myself among a lot of trolley kept gleaming up from people worried about their destination while the board told me that everything was smooth and the delays were limited.
It was getting dark and I had nothing visible except a few pieces reflective shoes. So I backed off and I started running toward the house. Do not listen to the right knee, telling me that something like me can afford at most once every 15 days because his lungs pushing me forward all while my brain was thinking of the amazing scenes that had recorded just before.
The streets were turned into canals.
We can build the roads to make life more comfortable but if we do not consider other ways such as cleaning up rivers, and not their banks and beds of rivers, these are the inevitable consequences.
I was pretty disgusted but not surprised me that much about the early criticism of the political minority in my town in the administration: advantage of a similar disaster where many people pay the consequences of the atrocities of all previous administrations only to discredit the rival political advantage is a cowardly act and disrespectful to those who (with) lives in the mud in the house. Moreover, they are words that have no utility in these situations. It 's always nice to see people wasting opportunities to keep your mouth shut rather than get busy.

Eventually, the station away from home and back roads of way I direct the course for almost 18 kilometers, which has never happened before, and with appropriate pauses live to realize what we had seen before on TV I put less than a football game recovery included.
pity that tarmac is not the joy of my knee.
pity you for having exploited a flood through my city on foot and have run in the middle of the road in a day without traffic jams.
pity it had not yet understood that we Small humans are nothing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment