Friday, September 19, 2008

Mice Eat Through Plastic Containers



The Great Gig in the Sky


Five days ago he left the Pink Floyd's most elusive and perhaps underestimated Richard Wright. Listening endlessly to the music of these people I grew up, I have, so to speak, learned to play something other than school. I learned (if you can learn) to love music that is now engraved in my DNA, branded on my skin, flowing in my blood. Pink Floyd I have opened the doors of the rock and, from there, I walked in its various rooms. I love Pink Floyd again, as then. And, after news of his passing, I felt a bit lacking for 'a small part of who I am. Then, today, I have replayed and I saw the video I put up here. That part of me still is, is alive and fight with me. And Wright, perhaps the Floyd I love the most because of her attitude, in fact, shy, as if to drown himself from his keyboards to avoid being seen there. And 'there. In the spin. In that wall sound on which Gilmour painted graffiti as his solos, powerful with three notes. In his body and his plan is always hovering between jazz, sgangheratezza, psychedelia and perfection. The sound of Pink Floyd is, in large part, the sound of Wright. I've always said. Try to imagine without his voice Echoes, Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here without its keyboard is impossible.
Greetings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment